Board Of Directors
INERELA+ is governed by a board of directors from across Africa who were elected based on their HIV related experience and commitment as religious leaders to eradicating discrimination against people living with HIV (PLHIV).
Board Of Directors
Sergio Rodrigo Bueno Montealegre -INERELA+ Board Chair from 13 August 2021 – Business Administrator of University Colegio Mayor de Cundinamarca, Bogotá-Colombia with a Master’s in public health degree from University of El Salvador (UES).
Currently a student at the Latin American Biblical University – Levelling Plan in Theological Sciences 2020 – to date. Also Anglican Centre for Theological Education, Costa Rican Episcopal Church – Diploma program in Anglican Ministry 2017 – 2019
Sergio Rodrigo Montealegre is Colombian and Salvadorian citizen who currently resides in Costa Rica.
· He has been living with HIV since 1994
· Sergio’s extensive experience in HIV issues has been well developed over 24 years of which 17 years’ were with Global Fund projects.
· His key areas of expertise are in prevention, human rights, monitoring and evaluation and resource mobilization
· His visionary perspective has earned him the opportunity of working with MSM, Sex Workers, Transgenders and PLHIV.
· Besides working on commissioned Projects with the Secretariat of Central American Social Integration (SISCA) and HIVOS, Sergio engages himself as a Lay Minister at the Congregation of the Ascension – Costa Rican Episcopal Church.
· He is licensed to officiate, administer the chalice and preach since 2017.
· Coordinator of the Diocesan Planning Committee since 2020
· He offers his Advisory services for the Planning of the Province of IARCA since 2019.( The province includes five dioceses: Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Nicaragua and Panama.)
Sergio is fluent in Spanish, plus a working knowledge of English.