INERELA+ is proud to present “What’s faith got to do with it?”
Over the last number of years responses from Faith Based Organizations and institutions have been ever more recognised when responding to HIV. The unique role which INERELA+ plays as a network of religious leaders living with HIV, and CUAHA as a network of denominations addressing HIV at grass root level have inspired the writing of articles from across the faith sector examining and challenging ever deeper responses to HIV from people of faith.
Archbishop Emeritus, Desmond Tutu says…
“This book is an inspiration to faith-based organisations who are living their faith in this world, and not just the next. Read it and your hopes will rise. God is responding to HIV and AIDS. I pray that all those who will read this book will be guided by the Holy Spirit to speak the truth in love and to pour balm on wounds – and that the stories in this book will bring hope and healing to a broken world.”
Canon Gideon Byamugisha says…
“Not only is this resource salvic, redemptional and liberational in facts, style and methodology; it is also multi-faith, multi-sectoral and multi-level -able to reach, speak to and benefit a variety of potential users at different levels and in different sectors with different dimensions of questions, challenges and insights. This book is essential because time is not on our side. We have to succeed in this life and leadership task of overcoming the AIDS epidemic before the virus triumphantly and devastatingly celebrates its 50th anniversary.”
Articles from the Book
- What’s Faith Got To Do With It?
- Pastoral care of people living with HIV in Zambia By Rev. Kennedy Chola Mulenga
- How do we provide care within our faith in the field of HIV and AIDS? – By BY Merab Kambamu Kiremire
- Centering the body, HIV & AIDS Theology By Prof. M. Dube
- Faith based approach to HIV response: Perspectives of a Muslim
- Demythologizing human sexuality in Africa. By Prof. James N. Amanze
- How Faith Compels Religious Leaders and their Faith Communities – Rev Veikko Munyika
- Does “God still hate fags”? By Rev. Hannu Happonen
- Testamony of Evang. Chinedu Puis E.
- Testimony of Rev Engr. Isaiah Arinze – A Cleric of the Anglican Communion of Nigeria