INERELA+ is governed by a board of directors from across Africa who were elected based on their HIV related experience and commitment as religious leaders to eradicating discrimination against people living with HIV (PLHIV).
These board members have varied backgrounds: medicine; faith leadership; to program management; and together they provide valuable input in steering the organization.
The board meets twice a year to address current concerns and to provide general direction to the organization, and the day to day affairs are managed by the executive director.
The following Board of Directors was elected during the General Assembly in June 2015:
– Advocate Thomas Lazarus Machinga, Southern Africa Representative
– Dr Asavari Herwadkar, Asia Pacific Representative
– Fr. Francis Nseka, Francophone Africa Representative
– Haji Hamde Ebrahim Adem, East Africa Representative
– Rev. James M. Matarazzo, Jr., Europe and Central Asia Representative
– The Rev’d. Canon Dr. Gideon Byamugisha, Co-opted member
– Professor Jerome Amir Singh, Legal Expert
– Rev. Phumzile Mabizela, Executive Director of INERELA+