The Board of Directors of INERELA+ announces the search for a new Executive Director
The Board of Directors of INERELA+ announces for the search for a new Executive Director
Johannesburg, 19 July 2019
The Board of Directors of INERELA+ Announces the Search for a new
INERELA+ (International Network of Religious Leaders Living with or Personally affected by HIV and AIDS) invites applications for the position of Executive Director. INERELA+ is a network of religious leaders living with or personally affected by HIV and AIDS founded and based in Africa which has also expanded into in Europe, the Americas and Asia.
The Executive Director will be based in Johannesburg, South Africa, and will oversee the Network’s administration and operations. The anticipated start date for this post is January 2020. The salary and benefits for this post are competitive at an international NGO level.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Vision and leadership in producing sound strategies for actions based on local epidemic contexts.
• Management of the secretariat staff.
• Financial oversight.
• Implementation of program activities.
• Maintaining and developing relationships with partner and donor organisations.
• Strengthening links with other regional and global PLHIV networks.
The successful candidate must:
• Have at least 7 years of progressive technical expertise in the field of HIV, at least 3 of which must have been spent at a senior managerial level with an international organization.
• Have an advanced degree in religious studies, theology, or a development-related field (or equivalent).
• Possess a proven ability to fundraise and engage with donors and resource partners.
• Demonstrate large project management and change management skills and the ability to balance the demands of a wide range of faith constituents.
• Have proven organizational leadership, communications and presentation skills.
• Have financial management skills including budgeting, performance monitoring and cost-effectiveness evaluation.
• Have strong computer literacy skills.
• Have excellent written and spoken English.
• Have strong interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrate a proven ability to work in a multi-faith setting.
• Have a passion to work with and advocate for MARPs, including LGBT+ and CSWs.
• Be able to travel extensively.
• Be willing to relocate to Johannesburg, South Africa.
• Recognition as a religious leader by a world faith with ordained standing, recognised lay leadership, or equivalent
• Ability with one or more United Nations official languages other than English.
How to apply:
Applications should include a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and three references. All application must be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, 26 July 2019, at 17:00 (SAST). Please type “Executive Director Search” in the subject line.
Postal and faxed applications will not be accepted. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
We strongly encourage applications from people openly living with HIV, particularly people of faith.
INERELA+ is an equal opportunity employer.