INERELA+ Announces Search for Executive Director
INERELA+ (International Network of Religious Leaders Living with or Personally affected by HIV and AIDS) invites applications for the position of Executive Director.
INERELA+ is a network of religious leaders living with or personally affected by HIV and AIDS founded and based in Africa which has recently expanded into in Europe, the Americas and Asia. The INERELA+ Executive Director will be based in Johannesburg, South Africa, and will oversee the Network’s administration and operations.
Job description: The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Strategic vision and leadership in producing sound strategies for actions based on local epidemic contexts;
- General and sensitive management of a large international team
- Financial oversight
- The overall implementation of INERELA+ program activities
- In addition the INERELA+ Executive Director will provide leadership to the African Faith Based Consortium on HIV (Including ANHERTHA, CUAHA, EHAIA, INERELA+, Islamic Relief and PACANet.)
- The INERELA+ Executive Director also leads the responses of MASEGO, a project of INERELA+, in partnership with FEW, Health4Men, Refugee Group and SOHACA.
- Maintain and develop relationships with partner and donor organisations
- Strengthen links with other PLHIV networks
The successful candidate must:
- Have at least 7 years of progressive technical expertise in the field of HIV, 3 of which must have been spent at a Senior Managerial level with an international organization,
- Have an advanced degree in Public/Business Administration or a Development-related field (or equivalent experience) is desirable.
- Demonstrate large project management and change management skills and the ability to skilfully balance the demands of a wide range of faith constituents.
- Have proven management, organisation, communications and presentation skills;
- Have financial management skills including budgeting, performance monitoring and cost-effectiveness evaluation,
- Strong computer literacy skills.
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Fluency in English is required and ability with one or more United Nations official languages other than English (French, Spanish) as well as Portuguese is desirable.
- Strong networking and interpersonal skills are a must.
- Ability to work in a multi-faith setting
- Ability to work with and advocate for MARPS
- Strong contacts and engagement with donors and resource Partners
- Ability to travel
Recognition as a religious leader by a world faith with ordained standing, lay leadership or equivalent will be an added advantage but not a requirement. We strongly encourage applications from people openly living with HIV, particularly Religious Leaders.
The Closing Date for Receiving Applications is
17th July 2012 extended to 24 September 2012.
For more information, visit inerela.org/about-us/vacancies. Applicants should submit a motivation letter addressing the required qualifications, a current CV, and the names and contact information of at least three references. Applications should be addressed to: The Chairperson of the Board at the following email address email@example.com.
INERELA+ is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.